Thursday, April 5, 2012

CrossFit Uncensored - Foundations

So this week Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I started and completed my foundations classes for CrossFit. I think it's a very smart thing they do. The classes go through all the basic weight lifting techniques for CrossFit. They really stress on making sure you are doing the lifts correctly and even I was surprised at how I was doing some of the lifts wrong. There's very small tweaks you can do in your posture for example that completely put the strain from the front of your legs to the back of your legs where it should be. Probably the lift that concerns me the most is the overhead squats, it just looks like bad things can happen, but the idea is to do the lift correctly. The weight lifting is going to be interesting for me because I use to lift a lot of weight when I was young but have not done so in a long time. Will the strength come back quickly, will it take forever? I guess it does not really matter in the grand scheme of things as I'm not going to just try to bulk up, in fact I don't really want to bulk up all that much, really looking more forward to leaning out. So now that I'm done with my foundations classes I can officially participate in any class, I can't wait. I typically won't be able to go on Fridays as CrossFit Uncensored does not offer a late night class at this time but I happen to have tomorrow off so I am excited to get to my Day 2 of CrossFit.

No comments:

Post a Comment