Saturday, April 7, 2012

CrossFit Uncensored - My Journey Days 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7

Day 3:
400m run w/ 45lb weight
20 power clean w/ thrust
400m run backwards
7 wall-ups
400m run
25 crickets
25 parrallel thrust
25 ghd sit-ups
20 squat arm lifts
130m lunge

Day 4:
Fran (name of this workout)
5 sets for time (10:52)
Thrusters (75lb)
Pull-ups (assisted with a band)

Day 5:
5 sets for time (9:41)
12 Wall Ball (15lb)
12 Toe To Bar (I had to do most of these at the beginner level)

Day 6:
Cindy (name of this workout)
AMRAP 20 minutes to complete as many sets as you can (12)
5 Pull-ups (assisted w/band)
10 Push-ups
15 Air Squats

Day 7:
Open Gym or makeup class. Since I didn't miss any classes I'm going to work on skills. I'm thinking pull-ups and rows for cardio since tomorrow we have a 5K run.

So I've listed my classes and scores for the past few classes. My starting date for CrossFit couldn't have really been any better (of course now I wish I would have started this much sooner) as I had no Softball games to get in the way of my training and no baseball games for the kids.

Day 3 was a killer, the lunges at the end were extremely hard to finish. The teamed up Saturdays are really fun.

Day 4 I felt great about my time and the thrusters (which are a front squat to the bar over your head) but I am bad on pull-ups.

Day 5 again I felt great about the wall ball tosses but the toe to bars require good form and more flexibility than I currently have. I hurt my shoulder in the first or second set and had to finish them off with more of knees to my chest. My shoulder gets thrown out often in softball and that's what it felt like I did, hanging from a bar with a shoulder feeling that way and trying to pull yourself upside down to touch toes to bar was painful to say the least.

Day 6 was really tiring. 20 minutes of working straight does not sound like much from the outside looking in but my 2 classes prior I completed in approx 10 minutes and I was hurting from those. I felt like I maintained a good pace, having assistance on the pull-ups helped me a lot with my shoulder but since I'm also new I just can't physically do 60 pull-ups yet. This is how you get there though. The push-ups proved to be the hardest for me, on my last set it took me about 1:30 to do 10 push-ups. I felt good with the air squats throughout the workout. At the end I couldn't do any more, I felt I gave a Max effort on this one and was happy with a 12 round score.

Friday is a 5k run which I'll have to do from home. I'll use a trusty Android app called Endomondo Pro to track my run, it maps it out, gives me my time, distance and anything else you would need. I don't think I've ever ran this far which is something like 3.1 miles.

A few things to add I picked up an app called Xercise which logs all my workouts and backs them up to my dropbox account. It's a CrossFit app with lots of cool things the iPhone version is iXercise and is due any day according to their website www.strike-labs.com. Another cool app I found is FitRadio, think Pandora but for the gym. It's free, many choices, no breaks. They claim to keep the bpm (beats per minute) high to push you through your workouts. Yes I'm a tech nerd so I dig this kind of stuff.

Lastly yesterday I posted about a new acronym I came across PMA (positive mental attitude) and it's something I'm going to strive for with the things I do in life. So far the CrossFit journey at www.crossfituncensored.com has been very fun and painful. Can't wait for my next class to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment